Friday, March 23, 2012

WanBoo (Rakuten Thrift Store)/Tenso (Forwarding Service) Review

I made made my first purchase from Rakuten recently, taking advantage of their ¥1000 shipping promotion with Tenso.

Overall, I'm really happy with Tenso's service, and I would definitely use them again. I was also very happy with the quality and price of the clothing I bought from Wanboo, a thrift store with a Rakuten storefront.





When Liz Lisa started their last sale, I saw this dress for ¥1995 and wanted it, but wasn't quite willing to pay ¥1995 + ¥490 Tenso fee + ¥1200 shipping fee just for one thing (¥3685, about $44), even if it's a pretty reasonable price for a Liz Lisa dress (especially considering that the original price was ¥9345).


So I was debating about whether or not to purchase it, and eventually it went out of stock -__-; so after a bit of poking about on Rakuten, I found a used one for ¥980 and decided to order it, along with a couple of other things from the same store.

Timeline
Business Day 0 (March 15): Placed order on Rakuten
Business Day 1 (March 16): Order shipped to Tenso
Business Day 2 (March 19): Order arrived at Tenso; Tenso sent coupon; paid for shipping from Tenso
Business Day 3 (March 20): Order shipped to US
Business Day 5 (March 22): Order arrived

Package

The clothes were wrapped in a plastic bag and taped, and the whole package was taped securely. You can tell that Tenso didn't try to mark up the shipping; the paid amount and weight (¥2220 for 820g) is exactly what Tenso quoted me.

I was really happy with the efficiency in processing/shipping time both from WanBoo and Tenso. EMS shipping can get pricey, but that's not Tenso's fault, and the Rakuten promotion was pretty nice.

What I ordered
The first set of images for each item are from WanBoo and are the property of the store.

Liz Lisa Dress, used - ¥980

Originally ¥9345, later on sale for ¥1995
The fabric is a bit worn overall, but still in good condition.


Ank Rouge Salopette, used - ¥980

I love salopettes. Similar salopettes on the Ank Rouge site now are going for about ¥5985.
There aren't any visible flaws on this skirt - there are a couple of spots with mild pilling, but it's not obvious unless you rub your hand over them.


Tralala Skirt, NWT - ¥500

Original price ¥6195. Totally new with tags - this was a steal! I'm sure it's a couple of seasons old, but I feel like Tralala puts out similar skirts (red tartan with black lace trim) every year, so it's not a big deal.


Price Breakdown
Clothing cost ¥2460
EMS shipping ¥1000 (promotional; usually ¥2220 for 820g)
Service fee ¥490 (for up to 1kg)
Total paid ¥3950

A couple of other thrift stores with good Liz Lisa selections that I found while looking for that first dress:
JUMBLE STORE
VECTOR
Wanboo (where I bought these clothes)

And of course, Liz Lisa has a Rakuten storefront, which is nice if you already have a Rakuten account and don't want to sign up with LL's system separately, and also because Rakuten has its "Super Points" program and occasionally has other promotions (like this shipping co-promotion with Tenso).

Overall, I was very satisfied with  my shopping experience and would definitely use Tenso again - and I'll keep checking these thrift stores for good deals!

6 comments:

  1. Hi! I recently bought some Liz Lisa stuff on Rakuten from the same thrift store (Wanboo) as you. I'm still waiting to hear their confirmation. I was pretty hesitant buying used clothes, but I thought, why not? There were Liz Lisa items I wanted that were no longer available on their online shop. You know how Rakuten classifies used clothes from S to D ranking? I was wondering if you know what the clothes ranking were labeled as? So I'd kinda have an idea on how the clothes would turn out. Btw, I found your review on google and so I ended up here. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Liz Lisa and Ank Rouge items were both "B," and the Tralala was "S" :)

      Delete
    2. Awesome~ they look pretty decent. :D Even more excited about getting my purchases. XDD Do they tell you when they're about to be shipped? o: Because I just got a confirmation that I purchased the items. Didn't mention anything else.

      Delete
    3. No, but they ship them out really quickly - you can see from my timeline that it only took one business day for them to ship out the package, and another business day for it to reach Tenso.

      Delete
  2. recommend you Transbang~ they are cheaper in forwarding service since i love Lis Lisa as well <3 https://goo.gl/BVH7hS

    ReplyDelete
  3. TRANSBANG’S A SCAM! UNTRUSTRED AND LIAR THIEVES! FOR YOUR OWN GOOD USE TENSO JAPAN OR JP DELIVER INSTEAD!
    First, they decided to RANDOMLY CHANGE the Customs declaration I SPECIFICALLY AND EXPRESSLY provided without even telling me beforehand - I found out by the Customs of my country ITSELF what they did -, which made my parcel be rejected by them and returned. I was needing it urgently and I paid much more to have it shipped via EMS, totally in vain. They did absolutely nothing about that and just preferred to stop answering my messages.
    They use the AWFULEST system I’ve ever seen, HORRIBLY translated to English, CONFUSING AND TOTALLY INCONVENIENT, PURPOSELY SO YOU MAKE MORE MISTAKES AND THEY CAN GET MORE MONEY FROM YOU. Because they sent a WRONG payment request, I was obliged to pay AN EXTRA REPACKING FEE and they didn’t do anything about that either.
    To top it off, I had to pay a fee for ADDITIONAL REINFORCEMENT which is an optional service that I didn’t request. After several messages and spending much of my energy and time INSISTING I DIDN’T REQUEST IT and they basically saying I was LYING, they then told me that it was another "mistake" and that yes, I was telling the truth?!
    I’ve used Tenso JAPAN, Jp Deliver, MANY mail forwarders in the U.S. and in Europe for MANY years and never faced such dishonest behavior from any of them.
    Be aware: they’ll try to get as much as money as possible from you! They’ll lie and say you requested services you didn’t and will then ignore your messages! DON’T USE THEIR SERVICES!

    ReplyDelete